View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Default Your hobby doesn't do anything.

Posted By: Brett

Well, I can understand why people put their baseball cards in safes, but when you think about it, you have spent thousands of dollars just to have the cards in a safe 90% of the time. Whats the joy in that ? Thats just like buying a brand new Ferrari. Whats the use of owning one if its going to be in the garage 90% of the time right ?

My opinion on this is a bit bias, because most of my cards are lower grade. I like to display them, and look at them alot when i walk past them. I've always been interested in History, and I love baseball, so i collect pre war cards. With all of the steroid crap going on, modern baseball just doesn't appeal to me as it use to. Paying like $15 for a pack of 5 cards doesn't interest me either, especially when half of the cards aren't worth the paper they're on.

I also think that with the games used cards, or autographed cards have ruined collecting. When i 5 years old or so, i use to buy the packs for 25 cents and try to collect the set. People now just buy packs just so they can get a game used card, or an autographed card, just so they can sell it on ebay. Sorry if that offends anyone on here, but thats just how i feel.