Thread: Is 1/1 myth?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 06:35 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
Thanks for the info. I had this crazy notion of collecting every card for a specific modern player. Yes, I know the idea of undertaking such a task is insane, but it crossed my mind, and then the idea of 1/1's popped up and I realized that such an undertaking for a collector taking on such a run would be nearly impossible if said player had a 1/1 card. Kills the potential of even undertaking such a run right in its tracks.
The card companies ruined that dream over 20 years ago. All those serial #ed cards is what made me stop collecting modern stuff as a player collector. Once in a while I will buy a few cards of my favorite player. Then I realize he has not played in close to 20 years and they are still making several hundred different cards of him every year.

I will say I really like the looks of some of the new shiny cards. My problem is my ODC kicks in and says if you can't have one of each there is no reason to even buy the ones you can find. I know that may sound weird but hay we are all collecting pictures of young athletic men in uniforms and paying silly $ for them.