View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 07:50 PM
Scott Ti3k

The allegations have been out there for some time now.

If you read the article it states that "The allegations were made public in sworn testimony submitted Monday as part of a federal defamation lawsuit ROSE FILED against John Dowd". Rose's suit claims that he was defamed when Dowd said in a 2015 interview with a Philadelphia radio station that he committed statutory rape of young girls during spring training.

I have no idea if these allegations are true or not, but I don't think Rose would have filed the suit if A) if the allegations were true or B) If he and his lawyer believed there was any way he could be prosecuted. Who knows though? Maybe he is such an ego maniac he thinks he can get away with it. If they are he can rot in hell.

When I first started watching baseball in 1981 I was a huge Pete Rose fan, even had one of those big Sports Illustrated posters of him hanging up in my room. I wanted to believe in old Charlie Hustle when he denied betting on baseball.. He denied it so long and then just came out and was like yeah I lied, I bet on baseball. Of course this was when had a book coming out so he wanted the publicity so he could make more money.

True or not, I have been done with Pete Rose for a long time now.