View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 10:14 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Neither are Hall of Fame material. And I think the 'toughness' of my standards for getting into the Hall of Fame are about average.

Plus Pettitte used PEDS and (just my opinion) probably lied about the extent of his use . I don't know why so many people give him a pass on that. Being a 'nice' guy doesn't matter.

Mike Mussina is more worthy than those two, and I don't think he is Hall worthy either. But if Mussina gets voted in, I wouldn't consider it a crime. He was a solid pitcher and I think there's a chance he will get in. My main problem with Mussina is his ERA was too high, even during his peak years. Indicates many of his wins are from pitching for teams that gave him an overabundance of run support. Though a big positive for Mussina is he pitched a lot of innings year in and year out. My saying for all sports is you'd rather have an average player on the field than an all-star on the bench.

I assume some of you know where my Dave Stewart jock strap quote came from. Hudson and Pettitte are more HOF worthy than Stewart, who had four good years.

Last edited by drcy; 07-26-2013 at 10:38 AM.