View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 06:57 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Because I posted that the market has weakened and I had a list of people quickly telling me I didn't know what the hell I was talking about.

I'm not a big fan of living in make believe worlds. Much prefer reality. We can all make believe all our cards are shooting up in value if it makes you feel better but it's simply not true.
It sounds like you're not taking the appearance of the specific card into consideration in the examples you've cited. Many of these price fluctuations for cards in the same grade are due to a big premium being paid for either a nice centered card, or one that looks like it could bump. When this is followed by an off centered or tilted card that barely made its grade, it can look like the market is tanking. More often then not this is just not the case.

For the cards and auctions I follow, 50s and 60s hof rookies are down from last year. Many other cards are up. The cards I've sold that were bought in the last year or two were sold for a profit. And the ones I'm after are going for more than I would have paId a year ago. If you think that means I'm living in a make believe world so be it. But it seems like reality to me.