View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 09:19 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I get all that, but it still doesn't take away that what they charge is excessive.

Read post #15 like I mentioned earlier. They have trimmed/suspect cards being charged more for shipping than the same cards that got a grade.

Like I have also mentioned/noticed, it seems the shipping stateside is not equal as well?
Some look to pay relatively good fees while others, especially those who are complaining in the thread, pay a lot more? Why is that?
Irv,

I get what you are saying as well. And what they charge may be excessive or inconsistent (within the same weight/value range). However as a buyer, I tend to calculate what it costs me out of pocket in total. So I buy based on that. If I think something is excessive (ie shipping), then I might ask before (or even after) I buy the item if that can be adjusted. The inconsistency is definitely a head-scratcher (to be nice), but it is within your control (whether or not to buy).

What isn't (directly) within your control is how much it should cost to safely and effectively ship internationally within the laws/guidelines of the receiving country. I highly suspect that some of the cheap shipping some sellers provide may be 'shorting' something (risk, import value, insurance, etcl), or building it into the price of the item itself.