Thread: June Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Matt

I do hope many guys holding centered Rose early issues were doing so hoping for that HOF value bump-- and now they should dump them at once to us collectors who don't care about that angle, LOL.

Personally, I've always liked so many of his cards just for the look and the great on field performer depicted. I didn't find yesterday's news to be a bombshell, since I think many people like me already felt the allegations were true (that he bet on his team to win) without needing corroborating materials.

I look at him kind of like Shoeless, in that he's an iconic collectible player with our without the votes of a bunch of "writers." I use that latter term loosely, since I don't put any real stock into the politics and subjectivity of HOF voting myself.

Anything where human subjectivity and opinion comes into play, be it voting for the HOF or even card grading, I take with a grain of salt It simply comes down to liking a baseball card, its image, its state of condition, and its player, for whatever reason.

Last edited by MattyC; 06-23-2015 at 11:22 AM.