Thread: June Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2015, 11:12 PM
Matt

Pretty sure it was meant in jest; our boy Chris had the kind of month every collector dreams of with Nolans and the Mays. Browsing all the cards in this thread is a real treat. So many absolute jewels. How rare is it just to see examples like that Musial and Maris or that 52 Mick with such centering! That 56 card that looks like a 10. Milton Bradley trophy cup Carew! Venezuelan Mick, Torre RC, that Bowman Furillo (my late grandfather's favorite), a centered Aaron RC, Aaron HR Derby! That Herb Score 61 that looks Gem, a Wilson Franks, that Al Oliver Auto, that 62 Clemente, the best centered 63 Mick ever, that quad shot with freak centered 58 Mays and 67 Rose, that yellow 58 Ted, the Bowman 50 Ted that is a 5 in a 2 holder-- and that's just what I remember from this month off the cuff LOL.

What an unbelievable month to be a card lover and be on this thread. This is really the nexus and epicenter of cards online. To be able to see all that stuff here in one place in ANY condition, that's really special. It's easy to forget that day to day. But looking back at how choice each example is, looking so much better than the tech grade-- just DAMN! Now I got the fever and gotta scour the bay!

Last edited by MattyC; 06-27-2015 at 11:17 PM.