View Single Post
Old 10-11-2016, 11:02 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
During my career as a surgeon, I treated hundreds of women and a few men with breast cancer and am fully aware of the disease and its consequences. The patients I helped never complained that I wasn't wearing pink shoes in the office or in the operating room.

Likewise when I was treated for my own colon cancer, I can't recall the color of my surgeon's or oncologist's shoes. Perhaps they were brown.

It is 2016 though and we are living in a PC world where manufacturing pink shoes and other paraphenalia for professional football players to wear in October is apparently necessary to make us all aware and feel good, then so be it.

Let's take it a step further then and make November colon cancer awareness month. Players could wear brown shoes and have several polyps attached to their pants. But wait! ... there are aren't enough months and the season is too short for all the worthy causes for the NFL to promote.

I guess colon cancer will have to be added to October. When you get your next exam, be sure that your doctor uses one of my "pink colonoscopes"
Shoot, Frank. If one really cared about "supporting the women" they would wear the colors for ovarian cancer awareness. Men can't get that no matter how hard they try. Then we can bring back throwing eggs at the opposing team to show our support as fans as well.

We live in bandwagon times where the only way you can show support is by jumping on.