View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Not here, and no one I knew--the only clown stating that was Buck in the booth. That pass always has been and always will be a dumb play.

I'm no Nostradamus, but I predicted this from the beginning: 1) the Vikes would not go to the Super Bowl with Favre, but could play a second playoff game instead of the one they played last year without him; 2) they would bow out in their last game on a turnover by Favre or a coaching blunder by Childress (actually, that's a safe bet almost any game) or both; and 3) they would be subjected to another post-season soap opera of will he stay or will he go.

BTW, they're much better than a .500 team without Favre, and will prove that next year.
I agree completly and hope Favre stays away as I think the Vikes will still be a very good team next year. There was just something not right about the whole Favre situation in MN this year.

He is a very good QB and it was amazing what he did at his age but it was not surprising (IMO) what happened. You HAVE to be smart in that situation and he simply was not thinking of the smart thing. That recklessness/style of play makes him who he is but for Viking fans, the smart play would have probably put them in the Super Bowl. Really too bad. The fans bought into this hook line and sinker. I know as I live and work right in the middle of it.

A good analogy to Baseball is Torii Hunter formerly of the Twins, now Angels. Torii is a great outfielder but a few years back with the Twins, he lost a playoff game (I think against the A's) by trying to make a crazy diving catch in the 9th inning that he missed by 2 feet and it rolled all the way to the wall and the Twins lost the game mostly due to this play. Same mentality as Favre. You have to be smart and play to the situation.

Sorry for the rant. Something I just had to get off my chest

Last edited by sox1903wschamp; 01-25-2010 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Spelling