View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I attended a small card show in my hometown yesterday, thats been running for years, in conjunction w the school Athletic Dept. From when I used to be in the hobby more actively, it was GREAT seeing old friends, and some REALLY awesome stuff, old and new. I even spotted a ribbon and badge? that said 1894 Worlds champions and showed the champs on it, that someone had picked up and showed me.

My ? is. what do you guys think of the small show today? Finds are prob rare at those shows, but I think they still have their place in the hobby. Opinions?

Also, anyone ever get some great finds at the "local show"
Hi, I have been a sports collector for 25 years. I Started collecting Olympic items with my brother Mike and am now building a baseball collection. In all these years of going to shows, I found you might find something neat to buy, but the best thing is actually talking to someone and showing something to someone, who actually cares and appreciates what the item is. I have had some great items, and when you show someone that doesn't collect an item you might get a " thats neat ", but show it to a true collector and the " wow factor is the best feeling."