View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 06:08 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I noticed that 1955 Jackie Robinson PSA 8 cards sell for more than 1954 Jackie Robinson PSA 8 cards even though POP is lower for the 1954 condition

Usually the earlier the card, the more expensive it is to obtain. Some exceptions are if the POP is much rarer for the later year card or the set is much more desirable I would assume.

I would guess a Mantle 67 is cheaper than a 66, or Mays 55 is cheaper than a 54. The 1971 set i assuming with the difficult black borders, im assuming is harder to get a PSA 9 in some HOFs than in 1970 and that would be the reason for the price difference. However POP being less in the 1971 would explain this.

However, I know the 1955 Jackie is far more available then the 1954 Jackie yet it sells for more right now .

Im sure there are some Mantle collectors out there than may know of a earlier year card that is cheaper than a later year card but Im going to assume POP is thinner for the later year card..
Anyone know of any other HOF cards where the later year card is more expensive than the earlier year card of the same manufacturer even though the earlier year has less POP.

I am also going to mention I am talking about PSA 8 or better.

1951 Bowman is still available to those not in the 1%, but the 1952 Topps is not- even if it's been run over by a tractor!

A PSA-8 '51 would not be 'reachable' for more than a very few, but those folks would pass on the '52 and get a yacht instead...a very tripped-out yacht!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 07-10-2016 at 06:08 PM.