View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 12:18 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I noticed that 1955 Jackie Robinson PSA 8 cards sell for more than 1954 Jackie Robinson PSA 8 cards even though POP is lower for the 1954 condition

Usually the earlier the card, the more expensive it is to obtain. Some exceptions are if the POP is much rarer for the later year card or the set is much more desirable I would assume.

I would guess a Mantle 67 is cheaper than a 66, or Mays 55 is cheaper than a 54. The 1971 set i assuming with the difficult black borders, im assuming is harder to get a PSA 9 in some HOFs than in 1970 and that would be the reason for the price difference. However POP being less in the 1971 would explain this.

However, I know the 1955 Jackie is far more available then the 1954 Jackie yet it sells for more right now .

Im sure there are some Mantle collectors out there than may know of a earlier year card that is cheaper than a later year card but Im going to assume POP is thinner for the later year card..

Anyone know of any other HOF cards where the later year card is more expensive than the earlier year card of the same manufacturer even though the earlier year has less POP.

I am also going to mention I am talking about PSA 8 or better.
I have noticed some things with my Beehive hockey cards. Unlike Baseball cards and the stars being very popular and pricey, my Beehive prices are based on the numbers that exist only.

One would think such stars as Howe, Sawchuk, Apps, Kennedy, Clapper to name a few would carry a premium but they don't based on how many that exist.

The most expensive card in the set, (that I have learned) is a Cy Wentworth in a Montreal CDN's sweater.
The last copy sold for over $8000 dollars and only so based on the very low numbers that exist. (rarest)
His first card was in a Montreal Maroons sweater but because (assumed) most already had this copy they didn't choose the copy when the Maroons became the CDN's.

There are also some short prints of other cards, which carry a premium compared to others, but none are remotely close to the price of Wentworth's in a CDN's sweater.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1655.jpg (69.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1653.jpg (70.5 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1631.jpg (73.5 KB, 44 views)