View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Well, that was easy...you both summed it up pretty well. Thanks for the link to the other thread...I've gotten out of the habit of searching over there.

That thread on FCB fails to mention two things though. And Bob, you're probably the guy that can answer this too (forgive me if this is a tired subject that you've had to repeat multiple times in the past), but ...

1) How was it determined that these were AJAX dog food cards since there is no mention of AJAX on the card? Were they distributed in plastic or cellophane packs inside the dog food or were they a test run item for the following year? '83 wasn't that long ago...I'm sure some collectors on this board would remember possibly finding them while feeding their canine companions.
2) What was the determining factor in changing it from an "authorized" collector's issue from earlier SCD publications to an "unauthorized" one? Is there certain criteria used for all cards and/or sets in determining what is authorized? And what person(s) determines this, is there some type of committee or something?

Thanks for your patience with my ignorance...

Last edited by 4reals; 02-19-2013 at 10:53 PM.