View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Thanks Jimmy.
I thought it was a pretty cool pic as well. It's not in my usual collecting realm, but I made an exception. Don't worry, I'm not gonna start collecting Ruth.
I haven't decide if I'm going to keep it long term, but I'm enjoying it for now.

My newest addition was a gift from the wife. She saw me looking at in online and told me she wanted to buy it for me.
1935 Gehrig with his wife singing to him a song she co-wrote. It's a very warm piece. The type I really enjoy.

I've seen the sheet music but haven't gotten one for myself yet.

Best,
Mark
That's some terrific wife you got there, Mark!
==============================================
A friend sent me an email a couple of weeks ago regarding a few really neat 1960's Beatles items that he recently discovered at his Father's home. My friend told his Dad that he had a friend that was a Beatles collector. His Father told him to make a deal. Several days later, these arrived.

This large poster c. 1965 Beatles Live at Shea - Film for all who weren't lucky enough to see them live, they could catch the movie at select theaters. And just how cool is it that the 3 Stooges "short" was the opening act for The Fab Four!

The second piece was this terrific Beatles Wallet still in it's original packaging! I just love stuff like that. Both of these pieces literally hadn't seen the light of day for over forty years!

Beatlesshea.jpgbeatleswallet.jpg

And boy, was I surprised to find a bonus piece he included. This sweet c. 1975 Poster that was surely meant to grace the walls of your neighborhood Music Store. As you can see, it displays all of the albums the Boys produced as both from their years together and through their solo careers up to that point, which was 1975.

Ya know, I really like my collection... A LOT! But it's the friendships that are forged, and the memories you have from them, that will stay with you long after your collection has been sold...

BeatlesalbumsPOSTER.jpg