View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Todd Schultz

Default John

Of course we can agree to disagree--that was my position all along.

I still don't know to whom you were referring when you said "If this was any other person on here they would be outraged by these comments." If it was Kevin, then surely you jest, as he had his detractors long before this thread. If it was me then that's fine, but I would point you to the first page or so of this thread, where several people including a moderator declined to declare outrage, and took a far less hardline position.

No, I'm not "cool" with Kevin's comments--I know of no one here who has said they agreed with them and who did not view them negatively. I do believe that a man be can be defended when certain conduct of his cannot, and a man can be defended even when that conduct should be condemned. Here, I do not see myself as even Kevin's defender-- I only stated my view that time will tell if he actually did anything to anyone, and that his ridiculous comments alone were not worthy of collective, utter and irretractable scorn. You apparently disagree. Fine.

My only reason in making the last post was in reaction to how you had seemingly gone from a "I'm just reporting what I have seen" and "thanks for the opinions" poster to a "here's how everyone should feel" (outraged) advocate. The nolemmings in me took immediate notice of being told how I and everyone else should feel. I do not see it as an all or nothing issue, a you're with us or you're agin us proposition. Sorry if you do. Nothing personal intended.