View Single Post
Old 06-24-2006, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Default Rare Cards of Sudanese Players

Posted By: James Feagin

"It is illegal to assault someone or kill them or whatever. Doing so out of racial or other animus is an enhancement to the penalties. You can hate whoever you want, you just can't kick their asses because of it."

I fail to see how that isn't even close. It is illegal to hate someone when it is COUPLED with a violent act. The penalties are harsher because it is also a "thought crime" as well. It is unequal because some groups are protected, while others aren't. On the 11 o'clock news last night I saw a video where a young African-American man committed what could be construed as Aggravated Assault on a young White male during a basketball game. Nothing was mentioned of it being a "hate" crime, just an assault. If the tables were turned, it would have been automatically deemed a "hate" crime. Could'nt all crime be deemed as such? Why must we legislate thoughts or give tougher penalties for presumed intent? As for this thread, I know the original poster must be sitting back in his easy chair with a huge grin over all the fuss and knee-jerk reactions and assumptions he created.