View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 02:12 PM

Default Vintage Tickets - 1895 Omahogs Baseball - Value & Grading Advice Requested...

A friend of mine bought a bounded pack of 22 season tickets for the 1895 Omaha, NE Omahogs (see the pics below) recently from an estate sale for $400. The tickets are binded in a leather-like casing and appear to be a excellent condition. My friend does not know what he has here and is seeking information & advice from the message board in order to determine his next move.

Note: We are not a ticket collectors and know next to nothing about ticket grading, collecting, and market pricing. I think he has made out here, but I want to give him the best advice to move forward. His goal is to maximize resale value. His questions are...

1. Are these old baseball tickets rare? If so, in raw condition, what are they worth as single tickets or as a binded bunch?

2. Would you recommend he get these tickets graded by PSA? If so, should he detach each of the 22 tickets and submit as singles or leave everything together in the binding to submit as a pack of tickets? He wants to maximize resale value here.

3. Is there a real market for vintage tickets? If he wants to trade or resell, where should he go (other than Ebay)?

Thank you for your support. We look forward to getting your advice.

Meatloaf

Here is a link for information on the baseball club from 1895:
Link