View Single Post
Old 05-09-2022, 09:59 AM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
I know there have been successful events in Atlanta in the last couple of years but the NSCC was there in 92 and 99 and both those shows were frankly dreadful.

Heck. I LIVE in the DFW area and could take the train to the convention center and I don't want the show at the Kay Bailey Hutchinson (Dallas) Convention Center which is the only place big enough to hold the NSCC in the area. Not enough hotel rooms and not enough things nearby for dealers/colletors to go to after the show. They are working on re-doing the area and perhaps the updated Convention Center and Hotels can get enough people in.

And I know this may surprise you all but the people running the NSCC are aware of these comments and do look at other venues. Right now there are approximately 10-15 places which match the current requirements and most of them usually come up with some reason NOT to want us.

Don't you all think Mike Berkus, when he was with us, wanted to be in his home area of Anaheim after 2006. He would have constant talks with people in Anaheim and never got over the finish line again.

Sometimes it's how far out they wanted commitments, sometimes its how many hotel rooms.

Rich
Rich,

Appreciate the response.

For future Nationals, how does the board select? Does the board use a marketing company to do the legwork of logistics and finding a convention site? If not, would they consider it?

Last edited by parkplace33; 05-09-2022 at 09:59 AM.