View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 08:04 AM
Administrator

Default Same old question, but it is killing me!

Posted By: Bryan Long

I have to get this off my chest and I wonder how many people feel the same way. I have a very limited budget - very limited! I love my pre-war cards, but how many people have practically stopped collecting because of the prices that our pre-war cardboard is now bringing? I am a set collector at heart - even though I try to say I am not at times, but the prices lately are killing me and my collection. I constantly want a flow of cards coming in to satisfy my needs as a collector. It is getting harder and harder to accomplish this with the way prices are now. Spending $75 or more on a SGC 10 e93 common is simply too much for me to handle. It has come to the point where I am only buying a card once every couple of months.
I find myself leaning towards collecting 40s and 50s cards just so that I can have that feeling of collecting again. Do others feel the same way?
I am heading to the Nationals this year and find myself wondering . . . will I even have enough cash saved up to buy some of the pre-war stuff that I need or should I just go ahead and finished that darn 48 bowman set that I started 1 year ago?
I know that I am venting and this has become way too long, but I am curious to know how other collectors deal with this.