View Single Post
Old 03-11-2024, 12:41 PM
Drew W@i$e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
This is random, but can anyone identify the handwriting on this note, and the grader who possibly wrote it?

This is a relic from my first ever SGC submission in the summer of 2006; ran across it in a drawer yesterday and it brought back some memories. The Mantle in question was indeed altered / color added; I did some erasing on one corner myself as a younger person, and at the time - was totally oblivious as to how that might pose a problem with this newfangled thing called card grading.

But yesterday I was thinking gee, wasn't it nice of them to actually let me know what the problem was? You might get a COL rejection today still, but of course you wouldn't get the handwritten note. I know I've seen this old SGC practice discussed before I think on this forum, but I can't find the thread. Just curious in case anyone would know, I've seen other slips like this posted in various places - including I think the same handwriting. If anyone has any additional information I would appreciate it. Some of these graders (and at the time there weren't that many at SGC...) have gone on to notable other things in the hobby.

Thanks,
-John

John, very interesting. Curious as well if anyone knows who it was.

What happened to the Mantle? Or do you still have it?