View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Daniel E.

Default 1975 Philippines TEKs 'Ali v. Frazier' issues...

Hi Adam:

I'd been hoping to consult with you personally and even directly hook up specifically with you potentially on this project for some time now. That actually was the basis for my quick email to you a while ago with "something I'd like to table." Given that you emailed back, I apologize for not having had the opportunity to follow-up privately with exact details sooner. I was hoping you'd see my post and perhaps be among those you might respond. I have huge respect for everything you've done and continue to do in the boxing card sector. I greatly enjoy those LuLu-effort books you've authored.

So said, perhaps we could take this aspect of that enjoyable "thing of ours" further from here--even inviting interested others regarding this Ali Global Review project prior to its final version being formalized and taken to print. Whomever could contribute anything not already represented in the Review would, of course, receive full credit in the Review's Acknowledgment section. To boot, and depending on degrees, I'd be so greatly appreciative that I'd consider compensating whatever assistance by in return sending them various boxing cards they may not possess. I realize I have so many after all these years that its time I started doing something that others may enjoy and appreciate as much as I did collecting them...a lot of dupes, too.

To get to your TEK question:

Wish I could say I knew more about them, but can't. I never saw or heard of their existence until you'd posted them on your website.

However, I have a friend in Hawaii who knows a good deal about Japanese and Philippine boxing card issues. After I first saw the TEKs posted, he was contacted in hopes he could expand on their background. He couldn't--never seen nor heard of them before himself. Nevertheless, he stated he has taken it on as a mission to find out more and see if any other subsequent cards or their images from the same series can be located with his personal contacts. Haven't heard back from him yet but that is my best lead to discover more. If and when I do hear from him on it, I'll let you know.

Last thing: Any quick tips for a 'novice Net54 poster' as to the easiest process and steps in order to start posting some interesting images myself? I haven't had (read: taken) the time to search 54's FAQs first to read up on it where it is covered somewhere, as I should have already... I know.

Good to hear from you; look forward to doing so again, and on the project.

Dan in Rhode Island