View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 11:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I would be careful about saying who is shill bidding. My guess is that close to 100% of it that happens with Probstein and PWCC are from the consignors or their friends and family. I can't imagine either of those guys doing it themselves. (*barring some extraordinary issue with a reason behind it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
I am torn; this seems so much bigger than anything that has happened that I can recall that I want to say there will be a long term impact; that so many of the cards passed multiple TPAs suggests either gross negligence or involvement on their part. OTOH, we know that Probstein and PWCC shill bid; people still bid with them, we know that the Gretzky Wagner is trimmed; it still passed PSA, we know that TPAs have all kinds of problems; at the National, PSA always has a line out the door. Stuff trumps scruples, and I would not be surprised if the next 'find' of signed prewar yields the same excitement and prices as before.

Side note: what on earth is going on with CLCT stock? At the end of January they were trading at $30/share, then a week later they were down to almost half of that, and been roughly stagnant since.

Last edited by Leon; 11-29-2018 at 12:33 PM. Reason: typo