View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 06:37 PM
Hank Thomas

Default Kevin Keating's book "Waiting For a Sign"

My buddy Kevin, well known to the hobby, has just had his book, "Waiting For a Sign," published. These are the stories of his adventures chasing autographs as a youth and then later becoming close personal friends with some of the same legendary figures that had been his "targets" earlier. This is not really an autobiography or memoirs, more a collection of stories focusing on his interaction with the players themselves, although Kevin's interesting and diverse background as a graduate of West Point and Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies, an airborne Ranger, a longtime consultant for the FBI in their Operation Bullpen, and other aspects of his life naturally intersect on occasion with his various pursuits in the autograph realm. I helped edit this book, and never got tired of reading these stories as I was working on them. Like just about everything else we do, it really comes down to the people, and it's the human side of the hobby that comes through the strongest in Kevin's stories, mostly of the heartwarming and humorous varieties, but some pathos, also. For a fun Summer read, and particular for those also afflicted with the autograph bug, I recommend it highly.
https://www.amazon.com/Waiting-Sign-.../dp/B07BK9NXBQ