View Single Post
Old 10-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Jason Greco

So when I read your original post, it makes perfect sense .... I think. Basically the inclusion of Kleinow in Group A of 350/460 is based upon it holding a pattern with other known 350/460 cards based on the mutually exclusive sets it's part of. Same for Smith in Group B, just the opposite sets.

One other notable difference between the rest of the Group A and Group B cards for 350/460, is the Kleinow and Smith were not in any 350 only series. Neither subject is in SOV, AB, Bl, CY, or Drum 350 sets.

In addition, every card in Group A and B, aside from Kleinow and Smith, has a SOV350AG back. Kleinow is the only one in Group A without one, although his predecessor (Catching - New York) card is represented, and Smith is the only one in B without one, although the predecessor pre-trade card (Chicago - White Cap) does.

Somewhat separately, t206resource.com checklists add to confusion in regards to the A/B groupings which you have laid out, and seem to have withstood the test of time. It lists Ames (Hands Over Head) as confirmed for both AB460 and Uzit, as well as SC460/25, which flies in the face of the groupings. However, when looking at PSA and SGC pop reports, no AB or Uzit cards have been graded, so I assume you are correct, and they need to fix the checklist.

Just as a sidenote, as tone and intent can be misconstrued in type ... I am not challenging any of your knowledge or expertise, I'm just asking questions and making inquiries to better educate myself on this stuff. I appreciate all the replies thus far!
Hindu Brown: 1/34

****NY Highlanders Team Set****
Basic Team Set: 13/28
Master Team Set: 13/315