View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 01:48 AM
D@v!d R. Fuhrm@n

Location: Denmark (don't worry, I have a USA mailing address!)

Jim, I get what you are saying about suing. I would first at least communicate with the owner, by phone or letter or whatever you prefer (I would personally do it in writing, so that it and any response is documented), to see if he will do the right thing by you and cover your expenses - both the immediate clothes and medical, plus reasonable treatment to minimize scarring. Alternatively, and especially if he will not cooperate, Daniel's insurance idea seems like a sound option. This might also have the benefit of them raising his premiums considerably, or dropping him altogether, if he doesn't get rid of these dogs. (My parents once had to put down a much loved, but timid, St. Bernard for similar reasons in the 1970s, after it "merely" snapped at a child who was teasing it i.e. a far cry from what you endured).

Given that the owner made the conscious decision to go with pit bull, over all the 100s of other dog options out there, I am guessing that you may not be dealing with a full deck of cards here, but one never knows. (Yes, I am a dog lover who happily places myself into the "ignorant" category regarding this particular breed, both due to their well-documented aggressive tendencies, as well as for that God-awful song "Timber" he came out with last year.)
T206 back run: 21/38

Last edited by BicycleSpokes; 02-17-2015 at 04:29 AM.