View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Administrator

Default As things evolve....your current focus on collecting pre-war?

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

I started by collecting a wide range of type cards of seven major league catchers: Roger Bresnahan, George Gibson, Red Kleinow, Johnny Kling, Chief Meyers, Gabby Street, and Ira Thomas. Since I display much of my collection, I tried to select types that were visually attractive. Decided to collect a good mix of cards, cabinets, blankets, pins, photos, magazine supplements, stamps, and silks.

As I began to hit a wall, I decided to put together a set of B18 catchers with white infields. When that goal was completed, I then decided to work on some PCL issues: 1911 Obaks and catchers in the 1911 zeenut set. It took a year to find the 12 catchers in the 1911 zeenut set. My focus then turned to the 1912 Home Run Kisses. I picked up 4 in six months, and I haven't found any more for a couple of years. Decided to then work on picking up the 1912 zeenut catchers. I just doubled my 1912 zeenut collection in the past week by picking up 3 more 1912 zeenut catchers.

My focus now is pretty much on 1911 Obak catchers, 1912 zeenut and home run kisses catcher cards.

Patrick