View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 08:09 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsey9 View Post
No need to wait. Otis was playing with those old Donruss puzzles when he was your son's age. They're small enough to be manageable and they have numbers on the back to make them easy to solve for a little one. I bought him a binder and nine pocket sheets to put 80s era junk wax in so he could, in his words, "play baseball cards with daddy." Don't think that request didn't bring a tear or two to the old man's eyes.

Otis wrote an email this summer with my help that we forwarded to all the MLB teams requesting a fan pack. He's spent the last month sprinting to the mailbox everyday to see if he's got something. About half of the teams have sent him something from bobbleheads to calendars to stickers. Today he got a pocket schedule and some tattoos from the Angels. Guess which group of neighborhood kids are inked up in the backyard playing ball and arguing who gets to be Mike Trout?
Very cool idea, sounds like my childhood, pretending to be a player, copying their batting stance. That's how childhoods are supposed to be...that, and sitting on the porch opening up wax packs and trading cards without regard for "book value".