View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Tim B
Banned

I wanted to add an update to the thread but also not overdo it, still being a new guy and all. Here's where we're at:

The card lot that I won arrived last week. All 4 items look pretty nice in hand and obviously I immediately took a closer look at the Wheaties card. I guess card is a bit of a misnomer, as it is more photo than card, but I consider it a card (and I have the microphone so YOU WILL LISTEN! - Robbie Hart ). Anyway, the corners seemed a little rounded - not too bad - and it seemingly had no creases (no lab but good eyesight and a small LED flashlight with a dark basement). And then all of a sudden I realized that I have absolutely no idea how to grade it since it is unlike any card I have ever handled. As a card, I would call it a hopeful '4' but I really don't know if the standards I am applying hold any water. Like I said, it's more photo than card and its 5x7 size and lack of comparable cards I've ever handled kind of leaves me up in the air. I will stress that I truly don't care about the grade it receives; it's rarity* and it's image - he looks like a high school senior - more than do it for me. This is probably the closest thing I'll ever have to a rookie card for my Mickey collection as I am way too cheap. Lastly, according to my calculations and tracking, I should get a receipt confirm email that it has arrived at SGC at some point today. I will post again when the card is finally home to me again, hopefully by middle of next week...

*I'll mention again, I would love to see other people's copies - graded or ungraded - for the point of both comparison AND drool inducement. In my research, I know some people on here have one (or more) and I'm curious if they know more about the withertos and whyfores of how their scale is applied to this type of issue.