View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
Well in regards to ones that exists, I would say the Lajoie for sure is number one because I don't know if he has a signed T206 (which I would rather have), and the signed 1895 Mayo Cut Plug Hugh Duffy (earliest card signed on front) or 1887 Old Judge Connie Mack (signed on back, earliest signed card in existence), or the signed T206's of Johnson, Young, and Mathewson IMO.

There are plenty of Ruth signed Goudey's around, as well as Gehrig's surprisingly, but there are about 3 known T206 Mathewson's to be signed, I don't know about the authenticity, but that would be my number one without a doubt. He died in 1925, but unlike Joss, has a decent amount of autographs, but only a few on cards.

I am the owner of the Gehrig, and I'm flattered you view my card as that, but I honestly don't think it's even in the top 25 for "Holy Grail" of signed cards. It's extremely rare, but my gosh, I'd rather have any of the above, those are amazing.
Just wondering if anyone has a picture of any of these Matty signed T206 cards that you mentioned? WOW!