View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 11:50 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Irv, get a Comc account and use their mailbox feature to have a u.s. delivery address.
Thanks John, you have mentioned that to me before, and I have considered it, but in all honesty, I am having pretty good luck purchasing cards with reasonable shipping fees as of late, just like yesterdays cards that were shipped to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donscards View Post
I just had to cancel 3 cards I sold to a collector in Canada--Global charged him $40---he complained to me, stating it costs around $5 ---I also state in my descriptions, I don't ship out of US----but he purchased anyway---But I did cancel his 3 transactions this morning.---Also, you cannot adjust your invoice through ebay when sale in complete.
Good on you, Don. What I have noticed, numerous times, is sellers have in their ad, "May not ship to Canada". Unlike 707, who clearly states in Red, "Does not ship to Canada" it becomes confusing if the seller actually does or doesn't actually ship up here? I ask ahead of time before I bid and I also ask how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Similarly... I'm confused with how they come up with the shipping cost to if they don't know the weight of the item. Granted some places (like AU) have flat rate shipping as well, but they can't be using that in this case since it is much MORE than they listed for the buyer's shipping cost. Based on my weight estimate, I can ship direct to the buyer for about 1/2 the ebay shipping fee to the buyer.

Hey, I get the fact that ebay is most likely making money on this, or at least breaking even, and the less hassle I have is good for me, but how do THEY come up with the shipping cost? One thing I can think of is your global shipping fee for that slabbed card to Canada is subsidizing (in part) my buyer's shipping fee for his item to get to Australia.
Don't kid yourself, E-Bay is raking in the dough! Most sellers, when I tell them, have no clue what the fees are that I see up here in Canada. When I show them by copying and pasting their ad, they are shocked. There is a reason E-Bay keeps that from them, imo, and that is, because they know if the seller knew how much they were charging for shipping, they would realize how much business they are likely losing and quickly drop Global shipping.
I had one seller state side, who was so thankful, offer me any card I wanted from his list and he said he would ship it for free. He was genuinely p*ssed off that E-Bay was being so secretive about what they charge foreign customers.