View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 07:01 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Back home after five days at the National, was great to meet up with Jeff again for a few minutes! My hotel offered free breakfast, so I wasn't ready to eat again Jeff LOL.

I did get some football pickups at the National, but the main cards I was seeking out were over priced. I was trying to complete my 1952 Bowman Small as I need just two cards #16 Frank Gifford RC, and #48 George Halas RC. Of course I saw both cards, but they were over priced and priced above what I can get them on eBay for. I was also looking for the few remaining 1963 Fleer cards I need, but no luck there either.

I did purchase a few of the 1961 Nu Cards for my set. I also picked up some of the Topps inserts from the '60s, the 1960 Team Emblem stickers, and also 1961 Topps flocked stickers. Also picked up some of the 1968 Topps stand-ups for my set (most punched out since I don't care LOL).

Pictured are some of the Topps football bucks I picked up for my set, also some of the 1975 Topps checklist cards. If I remember correctly, these checklist cards were only available directly from Topps, and they sent them to you in uncut sheet format. I already have one of the uncut sheets, and found a bunch of the single cards in a .10c box. I bought all there were in the dime box, and it turns out there was a full set on the cards (26 cards but no header card) plus 23 duplicates.