Thread: Waste.
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Mark Medlin

Scott,

Just to be clear - I already posted I wouldn't buy the card for that. No desire. But I don't pretend to know what is the right or wrong thing for another to do with their money. I also couldn't come close to affording the card. But to say that this card is a bargain for 50,000 and that card was cheap for 100,000 and that one is overpriced for 200 and that one is crazy for 300k is all subjective. The true value, as I posted earlier is what the value of the raw material is - about 160 bucks a ton. Anything beyond that is merely subjective and for each individual buyer to determine if they are satisfied with their purchase. I only took exception to your comment because you stated that even a billionaire should struggle with paying 300k for this. Who knows, maybe is a birthday gift for a 10 year old kid from a wealthy relative. I know many times I have spent way too much money just to see my kids smile (think American Girl Store). But I can't begin to know or understand what any other person may deem as a bargain and I just feel it's a little presumptuous for us as a collective group of hobbyist to uphold one person spend 1000 bucks while berating another for spending 300k. They are both the same - just perspective is different. We can surely easily put ourselves in the shoes of the smaller purchaser, but lose scope when comparing the high end purchase.