View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Administrator

Default 1934 Goudey--PSA vs. SGC Pop Totals--Some Interesting Comparisons

Posted By: FYS

"I think the much more likely explanation is the huge volume (and corresponding lack of time to really study most cards) and also the fact that the cards get graded by different people. In fact, I am amazed they are as consistent as they are in light of the number of cards they grade."

Peter: It sounds like the PSA inconsistency is acceptable to yourself and should be considered normal. Is that correct?

This thread looks like a good experiment for Dav. I would pay money to see the following results:

1. Dav picks two groups of 34 Goudeys. Lets say 30 cards per group.
2. One group goes to PSA under his name. The next group goes to SGC under his name. Grades are then documented.
3. Cards are then cracked out and the exact groups are resubmitted to PSA with a large submitters lot and to SGC with a large submitters lot. Grades are then documented.
4. Cards are then cracked out and the lots are exchanged i.e. the orginal PSA lot goes to SGC under Dav's name and the original SGC lot goes to PSA in Dav's name. Grades are then documented.
5. Cards are then cracked and the same lots are sent to PSA and SGC under large submitters.
6. Full results are then shared to everyone. Would be some good reading material.
7. Actually Crandell is to well known. The lots should go into PSA and SGC under a rookie submitters name.

Anybody else find this interesting or just stupid?