View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 12:53 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezHood View Post
Thanks Jeff - I just googled to find what you said about Hinkey in the pre-war thread. I noticed your Mayos were SGC. I understand the risk about paying a lot for a card and then not having it cross. I think the eye appeal is pretty strong on this one though. I looked at a few online including an SGC 1.5 and liked this one better. The BVG holder is unexpected though. Its outside my collecting interest, but I was wondering about the speculation aspect. I called today and they said they were taking offers on it. Even with the rarity, I don't see this hitting 80K like that other card, but now that I say that it will probably triple or something . Is it known why this one is rarer than the others? Not because everyone threw it out because it was nameless, is it?
Speculation has always been that the Dunlop was scarce because it was nameless but nobody knows for sure. If you like the Mayo set, you GOTTA get one ;-)

Sorry for the switch in topic. I was talking about not picking up and crossing the Hinkey that was in the auction. I think it was a PSA 3 which is a good grade for that card but at this point I'm seeking SGC50 and wouldn't risk trying to cross it.

jeff

Last edited by jefferyepayne; 04-29-2016 at 08:23 AM.