View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Arthur R!ch

Default A little help & an odd request

This may turn out to be nothing but as a nerd I am bound by nerd code to exhaust this possibility until it has been beaten into the ground.

I'm sitting here opening a box 1991 Donruss Canadian. Wait. I should explain that. Here's the nickel version:

Donruss did so well in 1984 they wanted to expand to Canada. Boom, here's Leaf. Canadians hate baseball cards (see: Leaf/OPC QC). Leaf sales down every year. Leaf done after 1988. Donruss stays in Canada with regular Donruss, just 10 card packs instead of 15. Cards are the same as American Donruss. They do this in 1989, 1990, 1991. You're all caught up.

I've opened '89 and '90 Donruss Canadian and there wasn't a single difference between the cards there and the cards we got in our 15 card packs here in the States. I never bothered to open any of my '91 because it's next to impossible to find and I only had 3 total boxes for the two series. I recently found two more boxes for each series so decided to rip one to see if I could find a pack with Frank Thomas showing on it so I'd have a cool wrapper variation. Lo and behold, all of these cards don't have a period after INC. All of the American Donruss cards I've been able to find a scan of online have a period after INC.

My question is: does anyone actually have a decent stash of '91 Donruss? Does anyone know of an American '91 Donruss card that DOESN'T have the period after "INC" on the back?

I what I'm asking is akin to asking someone to go hang out at the DMV for a few hours but if anyone else is into this crazy stuff too I would be eternally grateful.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx