View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 05:02 AM
Arthur R!ch

My apologies to the OP and everyone reading the thread. I can't stand message board drama but if there's one thing that I can't stand even more than that is someone making fun of a collector for who/what/how/why they collect. This was even more bizarre than usual as the person believed it was somehow a proven fact and not his opinion.

The irony is that he collects prewar, where thousands upon thousands of dollars are the difference because they spelled the player's last name wrong or the ad on the back is different or, the ultimate, the card is severely miscut or there's a severe print defect. It's all the same, folks. There's no such thing as earned rarity when another find could be right around the corner.

But really, it's just about civility. How much of an elitist snob do you have to be to just walk right into a situation blind and crap all over what someone else collects? Talk about a grossly distorted sense of self-importance.

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx

Last edited by HasselhoffsCheeseburger; 04-22-2018 at 05:03 AM.