View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 02:27 AM
Mike C@.v3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Roughly a year ago one board member (Jerry) found and bought a Brown Old Mill on ebay for $50. Should he contact the seller and offer him $5,000 in order to do the moral thing?
I agree with Leon when he stated that if someone listed a BIN wrongly, he would be ok with canceling the transaction, but an auction is a different story...Jerry won this card via an auction, so I believe you have to throw this example out the window.

I have won more than one BIN at a steal of a price and have both waited a day or two for the seller to contact me to cancel or I have contacted the seller to ask if it was a mistake. In those instances the seller was happy I understood the situation and it made me feel good that I helped them out and did the right thing.

I don't think I'm alone in my thinking when I say that some of these decisions would greatly depend on the price of the grab. If you are making $20 on the card, it wouldn't be a big deal to cancel, but if you just took a seller for 1k, I bet we would have a majority vote on people that would absolutely not return the card. Money talks, my friend....end of story.

I do think when these types of things occur and if you are the person that gets first crack at the deal, you are dealt an interesting hand. Any way you look at it, you are getting over on someone and you could make it right if you choose to...doesn't matter how you handle the situation, you have been dealt the opportunity to either do right and inform someone that they are about to be out some big bucks or take advantage and take something that was definitely a mistake...knowingly or not...the fact is that you know it was a mistake and could help correct it.

Just my opinion.
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48