View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 06:56 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

PS: the word is "alter" not "altar".
I noticed that too, but given their Holy-rolling nature, I thought maybe that was done on purpose..

Also religious beliefs, isn't a reason as to why someone would NOT doctor cards.. In fact, I almost think it could support it. Given the "idolatric" nature that fans often regard athletes, including cards/collectibles, it would actually make sense that an extreme religious person, might find acceptable, perhaps even encourage, the doctoring of cards, in order to taint our "false idols" and teach us the lesson that we are not living on the path of God.. And profit from said actions, could possibly be justified, under the guise of doing God's work, by clearing that path to righteousness for others..

Sorry, for that. Nothing against religion. I actually consider myself to be quite spiritual, BUT there are some extreme nuts, that I wouldn't put this thought process past.. I also don't want it to seem that I think that these were his/her intentions, but just discussing holes in the "religious defense" for someone not doctoring cards..

Last edited by novakjr; 03-11-2014 at 07:03 AM.