Thread: June Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 11:19 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

ok, snagged this thursday night. was listed as a buy it now or OBO at a stellar price to begin with. seriously thought it was a scam. fired off a ridick offer and guy said that price was fine if we did it off ebay and thru FF (red flag). again, thought it was a scam so I hit the "buy it now" for 3 reasons:

1. even at the BIN price it was a steal..if legit.
2. if I could grab it at what i offered thru the BIN it was grand larceny..if legit.
3. if it was a scam, then at least someone w/ less knowledge wouldn't get burnt.

so, get the guy's paypal address, he wanted FF but i sent $200 more via reg paypal via amex to cover the fees and that it must be shipped for sat delivery. I'm double protected, so what the hell...

well fri rolls around and i get a UPS tracking number via email around 2:00 still not convinced. try tracking it and says "label has been created, yada yada yada. still not dropped off" i've purchased something like this before and have got a tracking number. some were never dropped off and one was even sent to savannah, but to some completely random address. anyways, it was friday and after a long day we went and had some drinks. it was on my mind but not pressing. i honestly thought it was a scam. but like i said, i've played this game before and knew that i was covered. might i have to make a few phone calls if it went south? sure. but it was definitely worth the risk! again, it was a long friday, topped off w/ several crown/gingers/lime w/ a splash of water so i never checked to see if it was dropped off...well i woke up this AM to the UPS truck in my driveway, the doorbell ringing, dogs barking and the wife saying "who the hell is that this early on a saturday morning"....i just grinned and thought to myself "hangover is either going away instantly or be severe"!!!!!!

box was small and felt a lil light. could it just be an empty box? of course. that's happened too. well open her up, sift thru the 8 peanuts in the box and low and behold there is something in "a" piece of bubble wrap. looks like a mantle. so, i go thru the normal protocol...case looks good, check! black light test, check! double check images online vs card in hand, check!

it is altered, but i knew this via flip and the guys listing even stated it. border was built up on right hand side about a 3/4" (neck high, black light test image below), but the centering is fn crazy for this card and the price could absolutely not be beat...

Last edited by begsu1013; 06-13-2015 at 12:10 PM.