View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator

Default Mr. Verkman – Keep your Word - Letters From Bill Mastro, Joe Orlando, & Marshall Fogel

Posted By: barrysloate

Steve- I know before this issue is resolved you want some definitive proof, or documentation, that this card is no good. Technically speaking, you are entitled to it.

But from all that has transpired so far, my gut tells me you can't win this battle. I can't imagine any scenario where after this card is tested it comes back unequivocally authentic and the case is closed in your favor. I agree with Jim- nothing good is coming your way in this deal, and it is best to cut your losses and move on.

While I don't want to go into specifics, I once sold a baseball card at auction- of greater value than this- and received a call from the buyer that he was certain it had major restoration done to it. I could have gone through the same routine- have it tested, send it to all the experts, etc. But in my heart I knew he was right. I put a check in the mail the next day.

I find it hard to believe that you feel with any certainty that this card is good.