View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynparson View Post
They throw valuable items in with lesser items, dont describe well, lot things that are not alike together. Worst consigning experience of my life BY FAR. I would consign to almost any auction house before I would ever consider using Hunt Auctions. Oh and I found it funny that their friend seemed to win the lots with the non described hidden goodies in them.

I saw this thread yesterday when it first posted and didn't comment, but after reading this reply from glynparson I feel the need to. Not sure what the cryptic "friend" comment is about, but I wanted to comment on the overall service of the company.

While I have never consigned with them, I have bid with Hunt for several years now and have had GREAT experiences. I bid not only for myself, but also a few associates who don't have the time or ability to do online auctions.

Yes, their website is a bit behind the times, but to me their customer service is as good as it gets and more than makes up for a slightly un-userfriendly site. Kelsey (previously Daisy) is always extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with.

As an example, when I won several lots in their August auction, one lot arrived with fewer items in it than described in the catalog. I emailed Kelsey and she replied promptly with an apology and said that they would look into it. The next day she called and said they would be sending a refund for the items I was missing. The check arrived a few days later.

My point is that they are one of the good ones and even if something goes wrong they try hard to make it right. I think they provide a great service and hope they're around our hobby for a long time.