View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 06:01 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I thought if the seller offered a second chance to underbidder it was at the underbidder's highest losing bid. I didn't know the underbidder could make an offer, if thats the case, the seller should have the right to back out if he doesn't like the offer.
I think the way he worded it left a little confusion. He says the seller sent him a second chance offer, but then said he submitted an offer. I think he meant to say he accepted the seller's offer.

Anyway, to the OP's question, I don't know why a seller couldn't back out of a second chance offer. There are threads here where sellers back out of eBay sales, so I don't think a second chance offer would be any different. I'm not saying that it's right (and I'll even say it's unethical), but what can you do really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNightmanCometh View Post
I was the under-bidder on an auction and the seller offered me a second chance offer, which I took. I submitted my offer and I was wondering, can the seller back out once I've submitted the offer? I couldn't find anything online that could either confirm or deny my question, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has had experience with this.