View Single Post
Old 03-30-2008, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Default PSA vs. SCG -- Discount Valuation

Posted By: CoreyRS.hanus

"Why Joe hasn't replied to Leon? I don't have an answer for that I do know he replies

to me whenever I email or phone him (1x)"

Those are your words Steve. So I am guilty of the unforgivable sin of interpreting the "(1x)" to mean that it is not necessary for you to leave multiple messages in order to get a return call (as apparently Leon will have to do). That intepretation in the context in which you made the remarks seemed to make sense. I do apologize for getting it wrong.

In regard to Jim C's exchange with Barry Sloate that I referred to, PLEASE, let's stop the BS, no one can reasonably argue that the most sensible interpretation to draw from that exchange is anything other than that PSA will return to him in their orginal slabs any altered cards they find. Apparently too based on followup posts by myself and other idiotic-distorting-conspiracy maniacs such as I (some of whom are among the most respected voices on this board), that interpretation seems to enjoy widespread support.

And in regard to this being a broken record, Jim C, how many times have you raised the issue of what Mastro does to cards, or blasted Doug Allen? But hey, that's okay because there YOU were the one raising the issue or doing the blasting. Doug at least, in addition to publicly changing his company's policy about prepping cards, also repeatedly came on this board to respond to inquiries as well as invited people to call him directly. Yet, Jim C, by your way of looking at the world, Mastro/Doug Allen are the bad guys and PSA/Joe Orlando the good guys. One thing I will give you credit for is that you never miss an opportunity to be a hypocrite.

EDITED to add that in response to comments that we put a new record on the turntable, I for one will stop rehashing prior comments on this issue. I doubt there will ever be uniformity of view as to what I or others said. In addition, it distracts from the main issue, which is what PSA does and whether they will amend their official statement.