View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
With all due respect, I disagree. All athletes, entertainers, etc., whether they are a bench warmer, back-up, character actor, etc., are forger targets. There are plenty of Ebay sellers who stay under the radar by listing & selling the aforementioned type forgeries.

There was a seller on Ebay who always had over 1,000 signed baseball, basketball, football, and hockey cards on Ebay on a weekly basis. Every one of them a forgery and selling between $5.00 and $20.00 each. They sold approximately 50 every week, and that was only one seller. There are hundreds of sellers like that on Ebay, maybe more.

I disagree with your disagreement. He said not a typical forger target, and he is right, It doesn't mean it is never forged. He didn't just say forger targets, as you noted all athletes are, to some degree or another.

Well, that's true, but he said typical, which means average, normal, usual.

That's why he put the word typical in there, to distinguish it from just any forged autograph, especially ones that aren't forged as often, like Mathews. I don't know if you have ever posted a Mathews single signed ball fake on your posts here or on your videos, you may have, but it would have maybe just been one or two, (not counting 500 homerun balls) when we know how many single signed Mantle, Williams, Dimaggios have been posted. Those are typical forger targets.

Just as Max Schmeling is not a typical forger target in boxing. Has anyone ever tried to forge Max Schmeling? yes, but not often.

Muhammad Ali is a typical forger target.

Typical forger targets in baseball, Dimaggio, Williams, Mantle, Maris, and Ruth, Cobb, Gehrig, etc. Not Eddie Mathews just as it is not Bob Feller or Al Kaline.

Last edited by travrosty; 04-04-2012 at 08:35 PM.