View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I make a $300 offer to a seller on an item, seller replies that he paid more than that. So I check some completed auctions trying to find comparable items to get an idea what my next offer should be and I find this jersey (exact same jersey, 100% conclusive photomatch) sold on a major AH 15 days ago for $225. I ask the seller what his best price was and he replied back that he paid $400 and can't go lower. I sent him a link to the auction and he replies its not the same jersey, hes had it for 30 years. I explain to him how every pinstripe matches, has a exact same size stain in the exact same spot and is missing a stitch in the same spot. I never heard back from.

Personally I don't care how much money a person makes on me if I pay a fair price but why lie?
What's he supposed to write in his description?

"Hi everyone, I paid $225 for this jersey and I am looking to make around $100 profit on it. Thanks."

There is not a single seller out there who will tell his customers how much he really paid for his stuff - why would anyone want to do that? Do you tell others how much you paid for your stuff?

I find it extremely silly whenever someone emails me and starts asking how much I paid for my card, when I bought it, and who I bought it from. Pfttt, as if I am going to tell you all that! If I start doing that, then buyers will expect me to make no more than 10% profit. Oh, and wait, add to that the eBay and Paypal fees - how am I supposed to make any money?