View Single Post
Old 05-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Doug Doremus

Default pocket pages, inside cut penny sleeves--

So that I can enjoy flipping through my collections, I keep my cards in books with customized pocket pages, putting the card in a slit penny sleeve. The penny sleeve makes it easy to insert/move a card without doing any damage to it. For T206's, I cut a penny sleeve in half with a utility knife, put the card inside, and insert it with the assistance of a flexible plastic ruler behind the card. See scan below.

I can review my collection at a glance, organizing according to alphabetical order, 14-15 per page [37 or 38 pages in all]. I prefer ungraded cards, for all the good reasons everyone gives; I'm a romantic, and I like to be able to touch them.
Of course, I have some graded cards, and I'm practical, too. I've broken out more than a dozen Poors and Authentics from their cases, but there are some valuable cards I own that I keep in their slabs as they're worth more that way. For these, in the past, I've photocopied and cut them out to fit the pocket page, so to know what I have. Just yesterday I got a cheap set of T206 reprints, and now I'm beginning to represent my slabbed cards that way, as the photo-copying is time-consuming and laborious.

I have 8-10 such books in all, and it's a real pleasure to be able to easily browse through them whenever I want.

Doug

Note to Leon: I tried to upload scans, but it failed, with this message:

5-11-2012 10;26;05 AM.JPG:
Upload of file failed.

Why?