View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 10:16 AM
Michael

Thanks for all the replies regarding the Mantles not on the "Master" list. I should mention that I don't participate in the registry, but I just thought since it is a "Master" list, it should include everything that we know of. It even includes items that were not meant to be cut from a box, e.g., the little photo on the top flap of the Transogram box. But yet, items that we've mentioned are not included?

What about the 7 (nice number, ) J.D. McCarthy postcards and the 8 x 10 J.D. McCarthy photo?
Doubt PSA will ever grade since tough to pinpoint printed dates & they kept printing into the 70's right?
Yes, they were printed for a long time. But, the Exhibit postcards were printed for a while. Doesn't PSA list the date as 1947-1966 on Exhibit post cards?

And the 2 8 x 10 Holiday Inn photos (one with Maris). Not to mention the Holiday Letterheads (at least 3 that I know of), the napkin, packs of sugar, ...;
I can confirm PSA is not slabbing the HI photos. They said not enough catalog info.
I have 4 different letterheads and 2 different envelopes but doubt they would grade. That would be a trip if they slabbed sugar! lol
There are also the 3 different brochures that are cataloged - they might actually slab those since they are 8.5x11 folded.

The sugar was kind of tongue in check, but also pointing out the inconsistency of PSA. The packet of sugar I have is not all that thick and might fit in a holder. But even if it doesn't, couldn't a person remove the sugar and have it graded? PSA encourages the destruction (yeah, an over exaggeration) of match books by having all the matches removed so they can be slabbed.

Plus the Wonderbread premium photo;
Isn’t it larger than 8.5x11?
The Wonderbread photo is 5x7.

The 1954 Sports Illustrated Topps "Card;"
Too many reprints.
Isn't that PSA's job - to distinguish between the real deal and reprints/forgeries?

The Bat Master premium photo;
Probably won’t since almost an ad.
The Bat Master photo was a premium found inside the Bat Master product and is no more an ad than the HI premium postcard.
Also, isn't the Bobbin' Head photo actually listed as an ad photo?

The Denim Jeans label;
Doubt it.
These are probably not much different than the HI coasters.

The Sports Pix Magazine premium photo;
Think this will be slabbed in Jumbo.
There are two sizes of these. What is the maximum size PSA will slab? One is 8x10 which I gather they would slab. The other is listed as 8-1/2x10-1/2, but the one I have is 8x10-1/2 with no sign of trimming, which I assume would be too large?

Also, yes to the Mascot dog food, adding the colors to the Armour coins, Mannyland photo, etc.

"rawlings 69 yes however in red...post career card"
As are everything issued in '69 including Topps cards.

Chris, if I had an extra Rawlings card, I would definitely trade with you. But I don't. However, I do have an extra '65 Yankees photo set with Mantle. I'd gladly trade you the entire set for just the Mantle hospital postcard.

Lastly, "68 picture pack photo". What is this and who issued it? I hadn't heard of this photo pack before.