View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Default I think we all knew this already

Posted By: david poses

you are speaking my language. 1985-1990 were my golden years of collecting. the thrill of opening a few wax packs hoping to get a dwight gooden was astounding. i stopped collecting in the early 90s when it got too expensive and confusing. about a month ago i couldnt sleep and for some reason, i was thinking about my abundance of wally joyner rookies and decided to see if some of my better cards were worth anything (just had a baby. need money). they were worthless, which led to a thought: if my cards are worthless, maybe the cards i always wanted but couldnt afford are also worthless, in which case, i could finally get the cards i couldn't afford back then. to my amazement, they are. except the t206s, which for some reason i always loved, and found myself buying up with a ferocity i hadn't felt since 1989. of course, it seems that in the 4 weeks since my first t206 purchase, the prices have gone up. figures. not into it for the money- into it for the fun. i guess i should try to assemble a set of 1985 topps instead.