View Single Post
Old 04-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Like Sands in the Hourglass, So are the Days of Our Lives (on Net54baseball)

I just received this PM and thought I would share it and my response...
LL

Hi Leon,

I just wanted to express some frustration in the negativity of some of the board lately and give my support if you do plan on cleaning up some of the threads if possible.

It's sad that many fun ideas that draw interest and excitement for current and future members are being dissected with some conspiracy twist and the threads ruined.

I don't know Stephen at all, but he seems like an excited new member like xxx. The two of them don't know much but are learning and account for 10% of the board posts. I don't think I need to squash that excitement and pish posh them like some know-it-all. What became of Stephens trade thread is sad. If I was a prospective member I would move right on looking at that crap.

Also this absolutely insane response to the 52 set break is nuts. Set and box breaks are a great addition to card blogs and to have a couple members scaring off future advertisers and member breaks is a severe detriment to the board and its growth.

I just wanted to express my support for you as I can read your frustration. I am not upset in any way with you, I just do not normally voice my disdain because life has important things, but some people seem to be getting out of hand.

My response-

Hey ----
Thanks for the PM. My frustration "boilith" over too...There is a fine line between censoring and keeping everything on track. I try not to censor anything at all. I try not to ban anyone at all. I communicated with Stephen about starting a new thread and locking that old one.....but that too could be seen as censoring. Then also I am, and always have been, of the mind that people should be able to say what they want to so we get to know them. If they are jackasses on the board then they probably are in life too..If they aren't allowed to be jackasses we wouldn't know the real them...I am all ears on perfect solutions. I appreciate the support too.. ...LL